2021 Update: Introducing Virtual Mentor For a Day Webinars!
See the homepage for details or email: email@example.com
The Mentor for a Day program brings together college students interested in direct marketing, and DMAW member firms looking to identify new talent.
How it works: Mentor for a Day (MFAD) works with marketing Professors at nearby Universities to recommend talented students who want to investigate aspects of the Direct Marketing profession, and matches them with companies within the DMAW membership. On a mutually-agreed upon date, coordinated through MFAD, the student visits the firm’s facilities and meets with several team members for informal, informational interviews and Q&A about their work.
Benefits to Students:
- • Opportunity to visit a range of direct marketing firms in greater Washington
- • Introduces to a network of professional contacts
- • Students experience a day in the life of a young professional in direct marketing
Benefits to DMAW member firms:
- • Students are recommended by professors from area Universities
- • Introduces firms to students who have demonstrated high interest in direct marketing as a career path
- • Provides firms with an ability to pre-screen potential internship/job candidates who are interested in working in the DC metropolitan area after graduation
- • Supports the education of future direct marketers about our industry
Want to recommend a student?
Your student should complete the following application.
In selecting students to recommend for this honor, please consider the following:
- • Students should have a specific interest in direct marketing industry
- • Students looking in the greater Washington market’s job market
- • Students who have participated in a team’s collegiate competition are encouraged to apply
Want to get involved as a MFAD firm?
Complete a short application here to indicate your interest in participating. Before you host a student, MFAD will help you create a brief agenda for the visit. Your agenda should include balance of networking with your team and education about how your business operates.
For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org